A Russian Oligarch’s $500 Million Dollar Yacht Is in the Middle of Britain’s Costliest Divorce. The Luna, a $500 Million Dollar Yacht owned by the Russian oligarch Farkhad Akhmedov, anchored near Bodrum, Turkey, last year. The yacht is at the center of Britain’s costliest divorce case.
Luna $500 Million Dollar yacht
Luna is a 114.2-metre superyacht built by Lloyd Werft. With a swimming pool, a spa, room for 18 guests and two heliports, $500 million yacht is more like a floating luxury villa than a yacht. A crew of 50 keep all nine decks in pristine shape.
The lifeboats cost $4 million apiece. Gleaming engines propel the vessel at a maximum speed of 22 knots. They are capable of acting as VIP transport and being lifeboats at the same time.
M/Y Luna is an expedition yacht in its own class, allowing the owner to cruise greater distances without having to stop or refuel; traversing difficult weather conditions at sea whilst enjoying a great amount of luxurious living spaces.
Other features include:
- 10 VIP guest cabins over 100 square metres each, a 20-metre outdoor swimming pool, 9 decks, a large outdoor entertaining area, 8 tenders, 1 mini-submarine, and a crew of 50 persons
- An anti-missile system like Eclipse, bulletproof windows to VR9+ levels, a steel hull over 17.5 cm thick, LRAD guns, bomb-resistant doors, FLIR, and an anti-drone system
- 2 helipads rated over 7.5 tons capacity, which host Akhmedov’s Eurocopter EC155 B1 and EC145 (registered M-LVNA and M-LUNA) simultaneously
- 4 stabilizers: 2 quantum-stabilizers and 2 fin-stabilizers
- 7 diesel-electric generators, providing a total output of over 15,000 hp
- 1 stern thruster jet providing dynamic positioning within accuracy of 20 cm
- 1 million liter fuel tank (over 1,000 tons), enabling a cruise of over 9,000 nm at economical speeds of 16-18 knots
It is believed that Motor Yacht Eclipse, soon to become the world’s largest mega yacht, will also be delivered to Roman Abramovich in time for the summer.
|Owner:||The Straight Trust (Akhmedov family trust)|
|Cost:||€400m (April 2010)|
|In service:||April 2010|
|Class and type:||Ice Class|
|Length:||115 m (377 ft)|
|Speed:||22.5 knots max speed, 18 knots cruising speed|
|Range:||9,000 nm at 16-18 knots|
|Boats & landing |
|8 tenders & 2 lifeboats/VIP limousines|
|Aviation facilities:||2 MCA Helicopter pads with fire suppression system and full night time landing certification with on board helicopter landing/maintenance/fire team|